- Application – Client shall obtain an application from Agency Land offices or online at www.dinehbikeyah.org
- Client will complete Page 2(Acknowledgement), Page 3(Joint Applicant Form-if applicable), and FORM 1, Section 1 on Page 4.
- Client will then meet with a Grazing Officer to record the proposed homesite’s GPS coordinates on FORM 1, Section 2 of Page 4,
- The Grazing Officer will also complete FORM 2, Sections 1-3 on Page 5 to distinguish grazing permittee(s) affected within a ½ mile radius of the proposed homesite for consent.
- Client will then make copies of FORM 3 on Page 6 as needed and shall then obtain consents from those listed.
Submit Application & Fee Payments:
- Client will need to hire a Private Archaeologist at their own expense to conduct an inventory of the proposed homesite and shall report findings to the Navajo Historic Preservation Department for review. Client is responsible for submitting a copy of their receipt to NLD once completed.
National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) Process:
- Client shall submit application with all required documents and the following two, separate money orders:
- $30.00 for Filing Fees, payable to the Navajo Nation.
- $32.50 for Biological Review Fees, payable to the Navajo Nation.
- At time of submission, Client shall sign three (3) copies of the 200RL Signature Form that will be used in their final, approved homesite lease upon approval.
Historic Preservation Department (HPD):
- Navajo Fish & Wildlife will conduct a Biological Review of the proposed homesite. If NO biological concerns, a “Biological Compliance Form” will be issued. If concerns do arise, client will need to select another homesite in Area 3 or 4 of the biological map.
- Navajo Land Department will conduct an environmental review of the proposed homesite. If there are NO environmental concerns, a clearance letter will be issued to the client. If concerns do arise a full-fledged Environmental Assessment will be required if the client still desires that same location.
- HPD shall issue a “Cultural Resources Compliance Form (CRCF)” if there are no archaeological concerns. Client is responsible for submitting a copy of the CRCF to NLD once complete.
Navajo Land Department Director Approval
- Client will need to hire a Certified Land Surveyor at their own expense to conduct a civil survey and survey plat for the proposed homesite. Client is responsible for submitting a copy of their receipt and survey plat to NLD once complete.
Modification/Transfer of an Approved Homesite Lease
- Complete homesite lease application with all required documents shall then be packaged and sent to the NLD Director for review and approval on behalf of the Navajo Nation.
- If approved, copies will be sent to the client, BIA, and Southwest Title Plant-Albuquerque, NM for records.
- First year’s HSL Rental Fee is expected at this time in the amount of $12 through money order payable to the Navajo Nation.
can ONLY be done in person at Agency Land offices. Modifications include change of marital status, name, probates, and adding/deleting an individual to/from an approved lease. Original Approved Homesite Lease with proof of identification and all other legal documents will be required.